Activate focused topiclink with Enter key, like weblinks

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

A K

Activate focused topiclink with Enter key, like weblinks

Unread post by A K »

Hello,
For a project published to WebHelp, is there a way to set the properties on Topic Links so that those links can be activated with both a mouse click and Enter key? This works for the links in the Table of Contents, and any weblinks in the content, but not for the internal topiclinks. So, for example, if I have a topic containing several topic links and web links in the content, I can use the Tab key to move the focus from one link to another, but I can only use the Enter key to activate the web links. The topic links only activate with a mouse click, but for accessibility purposes, it would be convenient to be able to use the Enter key, as well.
Thank you,
Alice
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Activate focused topiclink with Enter key, like weblinks

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Alice,

Thanks for reporting this. The lack of Enter functionality on topic links and other internal links was an oversight in the programming of the links in these skins that just hasn't been reported yet. It's easy to fix and we'll include it in the next update. However, you probably want a fix right away, so please send me an email at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) with the name of the skin you're using and I'll get it to you right away. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
A K

Unread post by A K »

Hi Tim,
Great, I'll email you right away.
Just a quick clarification that I forgot to ask about the first time - will the Enter functionality also work for link-style dropdown table Toggles to expand the tables below the links? At the moment, like topic links, I can use the Tab key to focus on the toggle captions/links, but can't activate them with the Enter key.
Thanks,
Alice
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

will the Enter functionality also work for link-style dropdown table Toggles to expand the tables below the links?
Thanks for mentioning this. I'll check it before sending you the update. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.