Comments for collaboration

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Peter Muckle

Comments for collaboration

Unread post by Peter Muckle »

Hi,

I am working with other people on editing a large document, and it would be really useful if we could have a simple way to record and reply to comments during reviewing or editing. A single comment box per topic would work as a minimum, especially if it could be assigned a status (query, to amend, comment etc). New comments or replies could be written underneath the last one. Ideally the ability to highlight a word or section, but not essential. It wouldn't be necessary to have user names against comments, these could be manually input as initials. Change tracking not required.

Is there a way to achieve this? I wondered about using non-printed text as an option, if possible.

Thanks

Peter
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Comments for collaboration

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Peter,

We already implemented this a while ago: You can write comments in Help+Manual and export them in a commentable PDF that you then circulate to your colleagues for review and further commenting. You can then re-import the comments from the resulting PDF(s) with the Peer Review feature. See this chapter in the help to learn how to use it:

https://helpandmanual.com/help/hm_worki ... eview.html
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.