Close All?

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Frost

Close All?

Unread post by Tim Frost »

If I open H&M with two open projects, select the second one in the Project Explorer, and use the File/Close menu to close it, both projects close and the Open Project screen is displayed. I think these steps used to close only the selected project (which can still be done using right-click). If it is intentional, perhaps the menu item should be titled 'close all projects' to make it obvious that this will happen. Other menu items, such as Save, Publish, Print, operate on a single project, so my instinct is that Close will do the same.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Close All?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tim,

Close in the File menu is now general, that is correct. There are two ways around this for individual projects:
  • Right-click in the TOC in the project you want to close and select Close Project
  • Select the Close Project icon in the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) at the left end of the title bar. You can activate icons there for both close current project and close all projects with the down arrow at the rightmost end of the QAT.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.