Integrating two projects with Help and Manual

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

WrightStuff

Integrating two projects with Help and Manual

Unread post by WrightStuff »

Hello everyone,
I have two projects which I want to integrate into one. I have tried copying and pasting to no avail, how do I do this?. I could not find any useful information on google
Stephen Thompson
Technical Writer
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Integrating two projects with Help and Manual

Unread post by Tim Green »

I have two projects which I want to integrate into one. I have tried copying and pasting to no avail, how do I do this?.

If you really want to make a completely integrated project, you can actually copy and paste. However, you need to do this between the TOCs of the two projects. The easiest way to do this is to open Help+Manual twice and load one project into each instance. Then select the chapter you want to copy and press CTRL+C to copy to the Windows clipboard. Then switch to the other project, click where you want to insert the chapter and press CTRL+V to insert. If there are duplicate topic IDs Help+Manual will change the IDs on pasting to avoid conflicts. Repeat as needed.

However, if you want you can also keep the projects separate and only combine them on publishing. You do this by creating a master project and then inserting references to the projects you want to include, which we refer to as "modules". You can learn about this powerful feature here in the documentation:

https://helpandmanual.com/help/hm_advanced_modular.html
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.