Is it worth upgrading to V8?

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

WrightStuff

Is it worth upgrading to V8?

Unread post by WrightStuff »

Hi everyone, what are your thoughts on upgrading from V7 to V8? Any potential snags?
And advantages? I'm happy with V7 but I'd like a more modern looking Webhelp, the present look is a bit dated.
Would V8 give me a more up to date Webhelp site?
Stephen Thompson
Technical Writer
Gerold Krommer

Re: Is it worth upgrading to V8?

Unread post by Gerold Krommer »

All I can say is that I myself work with V8 and at a customer site I work with V7. I'm not going to repeat all the new features in V8 but I love it and whenever I work with V7 I'm frustrated...

... and no I'm not getting any commission from EC Software :naughty:

Have fun,

/Gerold
Darren Rose

Unread post by Darren Rose »

I can also highly recommend moving to v8, and also take a look at some of the skins in premium pack 4 if using webhelp!! as some of these look much more modern - https://www.helpandmanual.com/products_hm_pluspack.html
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

There is also a lot more coming with the Premium Pack 5 update in the Fall. All skins include full support for Google Analytics 4 with configuration via your consent form. Purchasing version 4 now gets you version 5 free when it's released.

All new Cool Max, tabless design with automatic search switching, 3 header menu options, single CSS file for each pane instead of 3, full keyboard control and accessibility support:
coolmax.png
New modern version of V3 in both WebHelp and eWriter versions (pretty scrollbars coming):
v3modern_light.png
Complete redesign of V2 combo skins for WebHelp and eWriter in both light and dark lines:
v2modern_dark.png
v2modern_light.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.