Exported Word file does not open

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Alexey

Exported Word file does not open

Unread post by Alexey »

I'm exporting one of my projects to Word, and the resulting file does not open. Word alerts 'Word experienced an error trying to open the file' (see image attached).

I first thought that it could by my Word problem, but it's not. I tried on different PCs. I have some other projects (way bigger) that are exported and opened correctly.
Also tried tweaking Trust Center Settings in Word as suggested in some Internet articles - didn't help.
I have 64GB or RAM, so lack of memory cannot be a problem either.

I can send a link to the corrupt file privately

My H&M version is 8.4.4. build 5960.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Exported Word file does not open

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Alexey,

Messages like this normally indicate a damaged or corrupted file. The first thing to do is republish the Word file in Help+Manual, ideally not to a network drive (i.e. the output folder should be local on your own computer). If you still get the error, try publishing with one of the standard Word templates that you have not edited.

If it continues after that, we need to have a look at the Word file. Then please send it to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we'll have a look at it. We may ask for your project and Word template after that.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.