Help+Manual 9 + Premium Pack 5

The latest news, information and updates.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Green
Site Admin

Help+Manual 9 + Premium Pack 5

Unread post by Tim Green »

We're (very) happy to announce the release of Help+Manual 9 and Premium Pack 5. There are too many changes and improvements to list here, so go right on over to the HM web page and find out for yourself:

Help+Manual 9 and Premium Pack 5 Release
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
DNH

Re: Help+Manual 9 + Premium Pack 5

Unread post by DNH »

Hi Tim,

The updates look great!

Can I get clarification if both H&M 9 and PP5 are required to use Google Analytics 4 in help files? For example, if I have version 7.5 and PP5, will the resulting help have Google Analytics 4?

Dave
Tim Green
Site Admin

DNH wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:04 am Can I get clarification if both H&M 9 and PP5 are required to use Google Analytics 4 in help files? For example, if I have version 7.5 and PP5, will the resulting help have Google Analytics 4?
They are independent. HM9 will support either GA4 or the old UA, if you are using one of the standard skins. If you use a Premium Pack 5 skin you can only use GA4.

You can't use Premium Pack 5 skins with Google Analytics with HM8 or 7, however, because they don't generate the necessary IF_GA4ACCOUNT conditions and GA4ACCOUNT variables. You can use them with HM8 and 7 without Google Analytics, but not with.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
sizbut

Unread post by sizbut »

Firstly thank-you. Just got v9 running, so exploring the new features, and found what may be a bug.

In the menu for the Google Analytics settings, changes to the radio button choice can't be saved. The project always returns back to its original setting, even if you can something else on the same menu and then save. The other change is saved but not the radio button choice.
Tim Green
Site Admin

sizbut wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:56 pm In the menu for the Google Analytics settings, changes to the radio button choice can't be saved. The project always returns back to its original setting, even if you can something else on the same menu and then save. The other change is saved but not the radio button choice.
This will revert automatically if you don't enter your UA- (old) or G- (new) Google Analytics ID. As soon as you enter the ID you can save and the setting will remain saved. :)

Also: Currently, if you want to switch back to not using Google Analytics, delete your ID first. This is going to be corrected.
Regards,

Private support:
sizbut

Unread post by sizbut »

As ever your right on the mark, I wasn't changing the ID in between changing the analytics choice. Many thanks.

(Which now means I'm off to republish a lot of material and finally escape the nagging messages from Google about switching to the newer analytics.)
Iwona Politea

Unread post by Iwona Politea »

Hi,
I have a license valid until February 28, 2023. If I extend my license maintenance (Help+Manual 25th Anniversary Sale until December 10), how long will the license be valid for? February 28, 2024?
--
Regards,
Politea
Tim Green
Site Admin

Iwona Politea wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:11 pm I have a license valid until February 28, 2023. If I extend my license maintenance (Help+Manual 25th Anniversary Sale until December 10), how long will the license be valid for? February 28, 2024?
Yes, exactly. The maintenance extension always begins with the expiry of the old key.
Regards,

Private support:
IngvarRu

Unread post by IngvarRu »

Good day.
Can I use the new PP5 skins in H&M version 7? Google analytics is not needed
Tim Green
Site Admin

IngvarRu wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:30 pm Can I use the new PP5 skins in H&M version 7? Google analytics is not needed
Yes, so long as you don*t use GA the skins are fine with Help+Manual 7 as well. The only other restriction is that the "Magazine" skins that generate a set of tiles with images for the chapters will take longer to load when generated from HM7, because the scripts need to scan the chapter files to get the image filenames instead of getting them directly from HM itself on publishing.
Regards,

Private support: