Styles displaying incorrectly.

Discussions about Help+Manual 9

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

ingrid hughes

Styles displaying incorrectly.

Unread post by ingrid hughes »

I recently updated from Version 8 to Version 9.

I created a document in Version 8 using a style guide. Since upgrading to Version 9, the styles aren't displaying correctly. They still have the same configuration, but just aren't displaying the way they should. As an example, in the following screenshot, the procedure heading and the numbered line are both configured in the Paragraph style with a left indent of 0.25. The line following the numbered line is configured with a left indent at 0.48. As you can see, they aren't reflecting the settings.
H&M Style Issue.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Styles displaying incorrectly.

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ingrid,

Indents work differently on lists and regular paragraphs. Check the style you are using for the list and see whether you have set the indent for the left part or the hanging indent part. It's also possible that you have manual formatting overriding the settings in the styles. To check that, select the entire paragraph in each case and reapply the style. When you do this, be careful to really select the entire paragraph (for example with a triple click), otherwise only the text attributes will be applied.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
ingrid hughes

Unread post by ingrid hughes »

Hi Tim,

There isn't any manual formatting overriding the styles, because all the formatting is coming from a separate style guide. And the styles were all working fine before I upgraded. The indents are set on the left.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ingrid,

Please send a small demo project to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it out for you. Please also include details of which output format you are seeing this problem in, as that is also critical.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.