Message Log in H&M 9

Discussions about Help+Manual 9

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Lawson_TW

Message Log in H&M 9

Unread post by Lawson_TW »

I upgraded the H&M 8 to H&M 9 with the subversion Version Control and we don't have the message/comments when we synchronize.

What do I have to do to have this available?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Message Log in H&M 9

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi TW,
Lawson_TW wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:42 pm I upgraded the H&M 8 to H&M 9 with the subversion Version Control and we don't have the message/comments when we synchronize.

What do I have to do to have this available?
In HM9 version control was switched to a scripted interface rather than integrating directly with the version control software, which the software suppliers do not want third-party programs to do. This is why we were previously unable to support the current version of Tortoise SVN, for example, and also why it was necessary for users to have to install additional runtime components from another vendor for Tortoise to work with Help+Manual.

Because of this, you now only get the responses to the scripts, which you see in the synch dialog when syncing. However, you can make your own additions to the scripts to write a log or for other functions if you wish, but that is entirely up to you. See here in the documentation for details:

https://helpandmanual.com/help/hm_advan ... ripts.html
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.