image numbers issue

Discussions about Help+Manual 9

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

BjoernThiele

image numbers issue

Unread post by BjoernThiele »

This is another issue in the same project as I just posted. (guide in a table)
The image number counter thinks image #16 is a second #8. Images are counted correctly from 1 to 15, then comes a second 8 (it's a different image file), then what should be figure 17 is labeled figure 16 and so on. I tried deleting and re-inserting the image but no difference.
any ideas?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: image numbers issue

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Bjoern,

You must be resetting the numbering somewhere, or using a different numbering variable. If you continue to have problems, please send a small demo project showing the issue to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we'll check it for you.You can create this project as follows:

​1: Select Save As.. in the File menu and save the project in the single-file HMXZ format (first option, single file storage).
2: Delete any topics not needed for the demo.
3: Go to Configuration > Common Properties > Miscellaneous. Turn off "Automatically create history files" and delete the history in the project with the "Purge xx history files" button. Then save again.
​4: Perform a test to make sure you can still reproduce the issue with the demo project.​
​5​: Send us the resulting .hmxz file.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.