Ewriter mail feedback

Discussions about Help+Manual 9

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Frost

Ewriter mail feedback

Unread post by Tim Frost »

The content of the mail feedback in HM8/PP4 used to show the help title followed by the topic file name in parentheses.

In HM9/PP5 it now shows in the parentheses a manufactured URL, for example:
(http://127.0.0.1/386935A9-213E-4B31-A06 ... index.html)

What do I have to edit in the skin to make this revert to the previous filename, instead of something useless and ugly? It is only slightly more helpful to have the full server path in the webhelp mail feedback, because as the recipient of the feedback, I rarely need to copy it to use as an actual link. So I would prefer to have the topic filename only, for both.

I am using V5_MinimalModern_BlueDiamond_eWriter.hmskin
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Ewriter mail feedback

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tim,

The problem there is that is a Webhelp link, but inside eWriter, where you are referencing the encapsulated local server. The email function will need to be adjusted in that version of the skin. It's a pity you posted this now, just after the release of the maintenance update yesterday. Sigh... :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Frost

Unread post by Tim Frost »

Apologies for the timing; but on a more positive note, all the weird Ewriter scaling issues on my system earlier this year seem to have gone away with this build and skin.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tim,

You can correct this by editing a single line of code. Edit the file hm_mail_feedback.js in the baggage and locate these lines:

Code: Select all

// Reference to the topic
	var topicReference = window.location.protocol + "%2F%2F" + window.location.hostname + encodeURIComponent(window.location.pathname);
Delete the var line and replace it with this:

Code: Select all

// Reference to the topic
	var topicReference = encodeURIComponent(window.location.pathname.substr(window.location.pathname.lastIndexOf("\/")+1));
This got missed because the mail feedback function was off by default during testing. :roll: It'll be fixed for all eWriter skins in the next maintenance update.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.