Formatting issue

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

WrightStuff

Formatting issue

Unread post by WrightStuff »

I'm trying to format my content but the text is not aligning to the left when I click the left align button in the paragraph section of the Write menu.
Also, how do I set up a template to automatically format text the way I want it?
Any help gratefully appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stephen Thompson
Technical Writer
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Formatting issue

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Stephen,

Your screenshot shows that your text is correctly left-aligned. The only difference visible is that one paragraph type has a left indent and the other one doesn't. To change this for those paragraphs only, you need to open the paragraph settings dialog, either by right-clicking in the horizontal ruler at the top of the topic editor window, or by clicking on the small icon in the lower right corner of the Paragraph section in the Write menu.
Also, how do I set up a template to automatically format text the way I want it?
To do that you need to define paragraph and/or text styles that you can then apply to the paragraphs and text you want to format. After that, you can change the formatting of all the content formatted with those styles just by changing the style definitions. You can also define styles to automatically apply a different style to the next paragraph when you press ENTER. For example, you will normally define a headline style to switch to a body text style on pressing ENTER.

To learn how to use styles in Help+Manual you need to study this chapter in the documentation:

https://helpandmanual.com/help/hm_worki ... tting.html
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.