snagx file is not show in open image Screenshot Toggle

Discussions about Help+Manual 9

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Kalman Albert

snagx file is not show in open image Screenshot Toggle

Unread post by Kalman Albert »

in Toggle Type: Screensshot Toggle > picture _file name snagx type file is not shown, but if I select a png file and change the extension to snagx is possible to Open. I'd like to see also snagx to select. Same for version 8 and 9.0.2
Also missing snagx in Files of type.

Albert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: snagx file is not show in open image Screenshot Toggle

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Albert,

Thanks for noticing this, I'll pass it on to our developers. However, at the moment .snagx files are not so useful any more. The problem is that Techsmith has changed the .snagx format since we added this function and the image of the final composite contained in the .snagx file is now restricted to a maximum of 1024 pixels wide. Since this is the only image from a Snagit file that can be used, there is unfortunately nothing we can do about it. All the other images in a Snagit file are just the components of the final image, which can only be assembled by Snagit.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Albert,

Update: This is going to be added in the next maintenance update. However, do remember that at the moment, Snagit files will never be more than 1024 pixels wide, unfortunately. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Gerold Krommer

Unread post by Gerold Krommer »

... and TechSmith Support played dumb and isn't willing to do ANYTING about it.