HMFIGCOUNTER messed up

Discussions about Help+Manual 9

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Gerold Krommer

HMFIGCOUNTER messed up

Unread post by Gerold Krommer »

Hi,

I'm sure it is me....

I have a line that basically says see picture <%HMFIGCOUNTER+1%> below.
Then follows a picture with caption blabla <%HMFIGCOUNTER%>.

The output version (regardless of format) makes the number above the picture e.g. 12, in the caption the number is 5.

Earlier in the document I have exactly 7 pictures where I said 'do not include in Table of Figures'.

Time for a break?

Thanks,

/Gerold
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: HMFIGCOUNTER messed up

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Gerold,

It's difficult to say what the problem is here without seeing the actual project. However, since the offset matches the number of images you have excluded from the table the problem is most likely there. Note that if you don't activate the "Include in table of figures" option the counters won't be incremented. Also, "see picture <%HMFIGCOUNTER+1%> below" is not the right way to reference these counters. Instead, you need to use the new Figure Link option in the Link dialog, which is specifically for this purpose. You select the topic containing the figure you are linking to as the target (even if it's the current topic), then you can select the ID of the figure or caption with the drop-down on the right, in the same way as selecting an anchor.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Gerold Krommer

Re: HMFIGCOUNTER messed up

Unread post by Gerold Krommer »

Hi Tim,

thanks. This works!

I have to rethink the way I did this in earlier version.

/Gerold