XLIFF support

Discussions about Help+Manual 9

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

TomasPetratur

XLIFF support

Unread post by TomasPetratur »

Hi,

at ESET, we use HM as an authoring tool for all product documentation writing as well as as a part of a localization process. In the last 1-2 years we switched most of product strings to XLIFF format which enabled us to implement different automated steps in the localization process. Now, we are looking into how could be this potentially implemented into the documentation localization process as well and if there is any XLIFF support in the HM or Translation assistant tool you offer.
So here is my question, if there are any plans to implement XLIFF support from your side, in general, to export whole project as XLIFF, to export just topics which were changed and added and are to be translated. We tried the translation assistant, which offers an export of new/changed topics/texts but only in the HMXP format which is not very useful for the purpose of translation in TMS like memoQ or trados. We would welcome if this is something to be considered from your side as from our point of view, it would bring definitely an added value to the Help&Manual software.

Thanks,

Tomas Petratur, ESET
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: XLIFF support

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tomas,

XLIFF is not currently supported, but it is planned for a future update to Help+Manual Translation Assistant. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
TomasPetratur

Hi Tim, thank you for your reply, sounds promising :) Could you estimate when approximately we could expect this functionality? If there would be such a possibility, we would like to participate in beta testing as an early adopter.

Thank you
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

TomasPetratur wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:58 am Could you estimate when approximately we could expect this functionality? If there would be such a possibility, we would like to participate in beta testing as an early adopter.
I'm afraid I can't provide a date for this, but I am passing your name and email along to our developers so that they can contact you for testing when it is being implemented.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
TomasPetratur

Hi Tim, okay, thank you, looking forward to hear some news regarding XLIFF support in the future and ready to assist in case of testing or need some additional information. Have a nice weekend. Tomas