Import 16bit .hlp and build 32bit .hlp?

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

dfathm

Import 16bit .hlp and build 32bit .hlp?

Unread post by dfathm »

Hello,

I was able to import an old .hlp file but now I want to create a new 32bit .hlp file that I can import in to Delphi 7.

How can I do it? Can I export to a help project and use the old help compiler? I recall older versions of H&M I used had a .hlp output option.

Thanks
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Import 16bit .hlp and build 32bit .hlp?

Unread post by Tim Green »

You can't export WinHelp in any form any more because it has been dead and extinct for many years. You need an older version of Help+Manual to be able to do this. Please write to sales [AT] ec-software.com for a complementary license for the older version to match your current license so that you can generate WinHelp. You will also need WinHelp support installed in your Windows configuration, as Microsoft also no longer supports it.

I hope you only need to create WinHelp for a legacy application (for example an old machine in a factory) that can't use anything else. Making users use WinHelp when there are alternatives is a war crime that is banned by the Geneva Convention. :twisted:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.