Content not moving to top of 2nd column in PDF format

Discussions about Help+Manual 9

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

ingrid hughes

Content not moving to top of 2nd column in PDF format

Unread post by ingrid hughes »

Hello,

I'm having trouble with a simple two page doc with two columns per page. The first page is fine, but on the 2nd page, the content in the 2nd column appears several lines down from the top of the column. See attached.
Capture.png
There are no manual page breaks or anything I can see that would push the text down.

Thanks,

Ingrid
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Content not moving to top of 2nd column in PDF format

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ingrid,

Hmm... My guess is that you have a large "space before" defined for your orange headings, and since one of those headings is appearing at the top of the column you are getting that space there.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
ingrid hughes

Unread post by ingrid hughes »

Okay, that was a small part of the problem. So, I removed the "space before" for that heading. It is now at zero. And here is the result:
Capture 2.png
There's clearly still a problem here. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Ingrid
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ingrid,

If that is a full topic heading and not just a header within a topic you also need to check the space being added by your topic heading formatting in the PDF template. There, space above the heading in the "band" that contains it will be inserted above the heading.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.