Sorting topics according to TOC in Translation Assistant

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Markus Raabe

Sorting topics according to TOC in Translation Assistant

Unread post by Markus Raabe »

Hello,
I would like an option that the topics can be shown in TOC order instead of alphabetic order in the Translation Assistant.
Then the context for translations is easier to catch.

For initial translations, I prefered to revise the translation using Help+Manual because of the order based on TOC.
I did not yet update a translation, where the 3-way view in TA could give an advantage (unfortunately in alphabetical order).

Thanks
Markus
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Sorting topics according to TOC in Translation Assistant

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Markus,

This isn't currently possible because the Topics section in HMTA is directly the Topic Files section of the Help+Manual project, where you are looking directly at the files. What you can do is work from the TOC section, then right-click on the entry there and select "Go to Topic". That way you can work through in the TOC order.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Markus Raabe

Re: Sorting topics according to TOC in Translation Assistant

Unread post by Markus Raabe »

Yes, this can be used to locate a topic. But after doing so, the TOC is not visible any more and one has to navigate to the TOC again.

It would be nicer, if the editor could be shown on selecting the topic in the TOC instead of just showing ID and date in the lower section. Then easily the previous or next topic can be checked and after finishing one topic, the next in the TOC could be selected.

I would prefer to work in this way.