V9 omits the pre-defined header in a table

Discussions about Help+Manual 9

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Peter_J_user

V9 omits the pre-defined header in a table

Unread post by Peter_J_user »

Hello team,

I use a table style "Table_small" with a pre-defined number of heading rows = 1.

In Help+Manual 8, when I set the table style to "Table_small", the number of heading rows gets set to 1.

When I create a new table in version 9 and set its style to "Table_small", the number of heading rows remains 0 and I must edit it manually to 1. Is this a bug?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: V9 omits the pre-defined header in a table

Unread post by Tim Green »

When I create a new table in version 9 and set its style to "Table_small", the number of heading rows remains 0 and I must edit it manually to 1. Is this a bug?
No, this is intended behavior. The bug was actually a specific behavior related to heading rows in the previous versions, which has now been corrected. Along with this, the default number of heading rows is zero, unless you explicitly choose to have heading rows.

The affected tables are ones in which you have defined a background color for the heading row without defining the number of heading rows -- i.e. the heading rows setting is at zero.

In the past, if you defined a style with a background color for heading rows and applied it to tables with no heading rows defined, it would automatically create a heading row. This was an error, because it made it impossible to define a table without a heading row with such a style. As a quick fix you can restore the old table handling by going to View > Program Options > Editor and activating the option "Use old (wrong") table style assignment for heading rows". But be warned that this actually restores an error that has been corrected.

So instead of applying this setting, which is really just a temporary fix for people in a hurry, you should really go through your tables and decide which ones should have heading rows and which shouldn't.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.