V5 Minimalistic Blue Diamond Skin Edit

Discussions about Help+Manual 9

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ivonne Alemany

V5 Minimalistic Blue Diamond Skin Edit

Unread post by Ivonne Alemany »

Hello!

We are excited to have the HMv9 and Pack 5 skins.

I would like to edit the V5 Blue Diamond skin to display our company logo instead of Help and Manual.

Also, I see there are links on the skin on the far right to tutorials etc. I would like to replace those with url to our company or not display them.
I’m familiar with HTML but not an expert.

Question 1 Can you please indicate the location in the skin where I can replace the HM logo with my company logo in the HTML skin?

Question 2: Can you please indicate the location in the skin where the righthand links are?

Appreciate very much your help. I will also share your answer with a developer and ask him to check my work.
Thank you
Ivonne Alemany from USAN
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: V5 Minimalistic Blue Diamond Skin Edit

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Invonne,

You can find all this information in the Premium Pack documentation, which you need to study to be able to use the Premium Pack skins at all. You can open the help by pressing F1 in the Toolbox utility, or by visiting it directly here:

https://www.it-authoring.com/info/pp5help/index.html
Question 1 Can you please indicate the location in the skin where I can replace the HM logo with my company logo in the HTML skin?
Question 2: Can you please indicate the location in the skin where the righthand links are?
Both these questions are answered in this section on the V5 Minimalist Modern skins you are using:

https://www.it-authoring.com/info/pp5he ... odern.html

The logo and logo link are covered under Basic Configuration Settings. The links you are referring to are in the Page Header Menus.

Before proceeding you should also study this chapter to familiarize yourself with using the Toolbox utility for configuring your skin:

https://www.it-authoring.com/info/pp5he ... onfig.html
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ivonne Alemany

Tim - thank you for pointing me to the documentation about Configuring skins.

After studying the documentation, I see that there is a reference to Premium Pack 5 including a PP Toolbox, separate for configuring all Premium Pack skins quickly and easily :D Where is that PP Toolbox located? The doc shows images but does not tell me how to get there. https://www.it-authoring.com/info/pp5he ... prefs.html

All I want to do is change a logo and hide links on the top-right of the V5 Minimal Blue Diamond skin. Should be simple, right?
Thanks for your help.
Ivonne
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Ivonne Alemany wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:47 pm After studying the documentation, I see that there is a reference to Premium Pack 5 including a PP Toolbox, separate for configuring all Premium Pack skins quickly and easily :D Where is that PP Toolbox located?
When you install the Premium Pack it offers to create a shortcut to Toolbox on your Desktop. If you didn't do this you can find it in the Help+Manual program group in your Windows Start menu. Alternatively you can just locate the hmToolbox.exe program file in the Help+Manual program folder, which is normally in C:\Program Files (x86)\EC Software\HelpAndManual9\. Then you can make a shortcut to that file on your desktop (drag onto the desktop with the RIGHT mouse button, release the button and then select the shortcut option).
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ivonne Alemany

Thank you, Tim! That worked. Easy.
Best,
Ivonne