Anchor adds extra space above paragraph in PDF

Discussions about Help+Manual 9

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Marc

Anchor adds extra space above paragraph in PDF

Unread post by Marc »

(The following looks like a bug that came with one of the most recent releases. In former versions, this never happened.)
If there is an anchor within a paragraph, when you publish to PDF this adds almost one extra empty line on top of the paragraph. In body text this may go unnoticed for a while, but if you use anchors in a table it looks really annoying. Is there anything you can do about this (other than making the anchor conditional, which works, but is not a solution if you have hundreds of them)?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Anchor adds extra space above paragraph in PDF

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Marc,

Thanks for reporting this. I can reproduce it and we will get onto it right away. If you urgently need to publish a clean PDF you can get around it by installing Help+Manual 8, which will also work with your current license. Work on a copy if you want to save, because saving in an earlier version would automatically remove anything not included in the older XML schema.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Marc,

We could reproduce this and have already corrected the error. It was caused by a change in anchor placement that resulted in additional spacing when you were compiling a PDF on a Windows computer with a high-resolution screen. You can download the interim build with the correction with this link:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/download/ ... p-v920.exe
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Frost

Unread post by Tim Frost »

That download link is a bit 'loopy', Since I find that this issue affects one of the PDFs I build, can you please correct it?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Tim Frost wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:56 pm That download link is a bit 'loopy', Since I find that this issue affects one of the PDFs I build, can you please correct it?
Whoops, wrong link in the Clipboard. Corrected, and here it is again:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/download/ ... p-v920.exe
Regards,

Private support:
Marc

Unread post by Marc »

Thanks for the fast fix :-)