ASP versus PHP

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Linda Polinski

ASP versus PHP

Unread post by Linda Polinski »

Tim,

Per our IT department request, I tested publishing and switching from ASP to PHP. I switched the full text search to PHP and the Zoom Indexer Start Option to PHP. However, the full text search is no longer operational when I do this. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks so much

Linda
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: ASP versus PHP

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Linda,

You need to have PHP support installed on your web server to use the PHP platform. You need to check with your sysadmin whether you have PHP installed and activated. If you have been using ASP up to now you are on a Windows web server, and it is quite possible that is only configured for ASP (which is an exclusive Windows web server technology). Also, like ASP, you will not be able to test the search locally on your computer with PHP. It will only work when you access it on your web server, because it needs the full background support for ASP or PHP, which isn't possible with the mini server that Help+Manual uses for previewing your WebHelp after publishing.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Linda Polinski

Issue with publishing with Zoom Indexer 8

Unread post by Linda Polinski »

We are moving to a PHP server, using Zoom Indexer 8 for our full text search. When I go to the new URL to conduct a search, I receive this error message:

Deprecated:strcase(): Passing null to parameter #2 ($string2) of type string is deprecated in search.php on line 2808.

I think this is an issue with Zoom Indexer but I wondered if anyone had run into this error message before.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: ASP versus PHP

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Linda,

You need to use an updated Zoom file on a server with PHP 8. Please contact support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) directly for the file.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.