New option Include additional "ZipHelp" information...

Discussions about Help+Manual 9

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Kerstin Thaler

New option Include additional "ZipHelp" information...

Unread post by Kerstin Thaler »

... cannot be deactivated.

I'm using the latest version.
As soon as you leave the WebHelp / Navigation page and then return to it this option is active again.
This seems to me the cause for throwing an error message when building a CHM help file.

I actually want to try ZipHelp and replace CHM help, but right now I still need the latter.
Best regards
Kerstin

Windows 10 64bit
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: New option Include additional "ZipHelp" information...

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Kerstin,

We will check this but if you turn off the Sitemap option the Ziphelp addition should be irrelevant anyway. Also, if you are using a skin you need to change this setting in the skin and not in your project.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Kerstin Thaler

Hi Tim,

thank you for your quick response.

Right now we're providing our manuals as PDF (as download for printing), CHM (to be used offline in our programs e.g. when F1 is hit) and as Online help.
All these are build one after the other in FinalBuilder from one H&M project. So for CHM the ZipHelp option should be deactivated, for the Online help activated. This isn't possible at the moment, where it always switches itself on again.
Best regards
Kerstin

Windows 10 64bit
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Hi Kerstin,

An error in the CHM export has nothing to do with Ziphelp. The Ziphelp option is an extension of the regular sitemap.xml that H&M creates when publishing Webhelp.

If the sitemap option is off, not sitemap is created, therefore the (not created) sitemap does not include a Ziphelp extension, either.
If the sitemap option is on, H&M creates a sitemap when publishing Webhelp only.
If the Ziphelp option is on as well, this sitemap includes additional Ziphelp tags.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
Kerstin Thaler

In my project file I can only have it on or off. The sitemap option has always been on, because we need it for the HTML5 help, and there never was a problem building the CHM help with the same settings. Only now arrises an error because the ZipHelp option is always active when sitemap is active and cannot be switched off.

Since we use FinalBuilder there's no chance to switch sitemap settings between the build of the different help formats.

Also, when I compare the project file before and after trying to switch ZipHelp off, which it isn't after all, a new line is added:

Code: Select all

<config-value name="sitemapinclude">1</config-value>
I think, since ZipHelp information On seems to be the default when "normal" sitemap is On, the value should be 0 in the above line, when I uncheck it.
Unfortunately, even if I edit this line in a text editor and then re-open the project, sitemap and ZipHelp info are checked.
Best regards
Kerstin

Windows 10 64bit
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

We have changed the "on" default to "off" in build 6582:
https://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
Kerstin Thaler

Thank you, very very much, this Update works the way I was hoping.
Best regards
Kerstin

Windows 10 64bit