Picture Toggle Image Distortion

Discussions about Help+Manual 9

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

mfgeng0101

Picture Toggle Image Distortion

Unread post by mfgeng0101 »

Hello,

I am using the picture/screenshot toggle feature to display images at 40% of the document width, and allow the user to click on the picture to expand it to its full size.

This works for certain pictures, but others expand to fill the entire screen and become distorted. All of the pictures are in the .png format and the toggle settings are all identical, so I'm not sure why this is only happening to certain pictures.

Does this have to do with the differing sizes of the .pngs?

Thanks for your help!
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Picture Toggle Image Distortion

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi MF,

This sounds strange and is not a known issue. Please send a small demo project that reproduces the issue with a couple of images to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @), together with the images used in the toggle. Then we will check it for you directly.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
mfgeng0101

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the response.

I figured out the issue was being caused by the .png pixel size being larger than the monitor size, so the picture was expanding as much as it could.
I shrunk the .png and now it expands correctly without distorting.

Is there a way to lock aspect ratio to prevent the distortion rather than having to resize each image?
Ideally I'd like to add large images and when the toggle is clicked, the image will expand to the max size the window will allow without changing the aspect ratio.
I am not seeing such an option in the "Edit Toggle" window.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

You can't specify dimensions for image toggles, apart from the starting relative size of the closed image. However, I also don't know any situation where the image's aspect ratio could change as you describe. Which skin are you using to publish your WebHelp?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
mfgeng0101

I have emailed the skin to support AT ec-software.com.