Search path to Xplains

Discussions about Help+Manual 9

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Carol_Ann

Search path to Xplains

Unread post by Carol_Ann »

Good day

We are struggling when using the Search function once the help is published. When the search points to a topic header, there is no problem. As soon as the search points to an Xplain, it changes the path, adding /xplain/ before index, and then comes up with an error message that the topic is not found index.html. Could you please assist with this?

Regards

Carol
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Search path to Xplains

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Carol,

The search should actually not look in Xplains at all, because they are not searchable. What version of Help+Manual and your WebHelp skin are you using?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Carol_Ann

We are using H+M version 9.4.1 Build 6640 and skin is V5_CoolMax_CrystalBlue_WebHelp
Tim Green
Site Admin

OK. Are you using the full version of Zoom instead of the embedded version in Help+Manual?
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Carol_Ann

Hi Tim

We are not using the full Zoom indexer. Can we leave it like that for now?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Carol_Ann wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:16 am We are not using the full Zoom indexer. Can we leave it like that for now?
Yes, of course. But it's a little odd that Xplains are being included in the search results. Their WebHelp subfolder should be automatically excluded in the current version of Help+Manual.
Regards,

Private support:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Carol,

Update: I've done some testing on this and the search is actually returning results to the Xplain subfolder, and this is having an unwanted effect in this particular group of skins. We'll have to look into improving this.
Regards,

Private support:
Carol_Ann

Hi Tim

We are still working on seeing what is affected by this problem. Here is an example of an online Search result:

Search result says: Event - send the invitation. View the steps to send an email invitation...

Those words appear nowhere on the help except under Properties - short description on Xplain.

In another instance, the words that appear on the search only appear on the first slide of the Xplain, and nowhere else on the help.

Regards

Carol
Carol_Ann

Apologies - I just saw your update now. Thanks very much.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Carol Ann,

This interim update of version 9.4.2 will solve this problem:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/download/ ... p-v942.exe

Important: You must delete ALL files and subfolders in the WebHelp folder, locally and on your web server, before applying this. Otherwise the old files with different names will still be there and will get indexed, causing the same issue.
Regards,

Private support:
Carol_Ann

Hi Tim

Thank you so much for your assistance. We have applied the update, and it has resolved the problem.

Regards

Carol