Hide Navigation section

Discussions about Help+Manual 9

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Im_FDM95

Hide Navigation section

Unread post by Im_FDM95 »

Hi everyone --

when I click on "publish" for my project, in the web page I need to remove this information "Navigation: »No topics above this level«"
It's possible to do it?

Image in the attachments :typing:

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Hide Navigation section

Unread post by Tim Green »

You don't need to remove this and you really shouldn't. Select a subtopic in the contents and you will see what it's for. It helps your users to know where they are, and when they are deep in a chapter it displays a row of "breadcrumb" links that allow them to navigate up in the current chapter. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Im_FDM95

I know how it works and how it could help users know where they are in the guide. But however I have been asked if it is possible to remove that.
So..is it possible to hide/remove it?
At least I will be able to hide it for the main "chapter" (that one that will not have a "parent chapter")?

Thank you :D
Tim Green
Site Admin

So..is it possible to hide/remove it? At least I will be able to hide it for the main "chapter" (that one that will not have a "parent chapter")?
If you hide it, it's hidden and the entire functionality will be gone. If you really want to do this:

1) Edit the .hmskin file in Help+Manual, saving a copy in your project folder so that you can make changes.
2) Go to Configuration > HTML Page Templates > Default
3) Add the following code directly before the closing </head> tag:

Code: Select all

<style type="text/css">
p.crumbs {display:none;}
</style> 
4) Make sure you select the edited copy of the skin when you publish.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Im_FDM95

Ok, that was so helpful, thank you. :typing:
regards :D
Tim Green
Site Admin

By the way: If you just want to hide the "No topics above this level" text all you need to do is edit the corresponding text variable in the skin, in Configuration > Common Properties > Text Variables. Just replace that text with a single space. You can't remove the "Navigation:" text, however, because that is needed for the levels where the links are displayed.
Regards,

Private support: