Keyword search in Skin "Webhelp, Responsive Grey, Keywordslist.hmskin"

Discussions about Help+Manual 9

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Marc

Keyword search in Skin "Webhelp, Responsive Grey, Keywordslist.hmskin"

Unread post by Marc »

I am using the skin "Webhelp, Responsive Grey, Keywordslist.hmskin". This is a template with an input field located above the alphabeticel index where users can enter a few letters and then the index is suppost to scroll to the postioin there this entry begins.
However, with projects that have a keyword index that is longer than just a few screen pages, this funtion does not seem to work properly. It does mark the correct entry in the list, but it does not scroll to the correct postion. Rather it scrolls to a place somewhere above the correctly marked entry. Is there something that I can do to resolve this issue (other than hinding the input field altogether, which would be the last resort)...
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Keyword search in Skin "Webhelp, Responsive Grey, Keywordslist.hmskin"

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Marc,

This is a rather old function that only really works well with relatively short keyword indexes. If you have a longer index I recommend using one of the skins without the keyword list function, or one of the Premium Pack skins with index support, which have a proper index search function. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.