Dragdrop between T.N.T. and Help&Man

This section is for suggesting features and capabilities that you would like to see in Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

shnar

Dragdrop between T.N.T. and Help&Man

Unread post by shnar »

I recently picked up Help&Man as well as the T.N.T. application, and while very pleased with the purchase, I was wondering why there wasn't a little more collaboration between the two applications.

What I'm mainly looking for is the ability to take a Screenshot from T.N.T and just drag it over onto Help&Man, the image copying into the page I dragged it into. If it needs to be saved before hand, simply prompt before pasting.

-shnar
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

If TNT is installed H&M will integrate with it automatically. Instead of starting TNT seperately just make the screenshots using the integrated options in H&M -- without TNT this uses a "lite" version of TNT, but if the full version of TNT is installed it will be used. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
shnar

Unread post by shnar »

Hrm, well I installed H&M befre T.N.T. though there is a ScreenCapture command, I'm not sure if it's T.N.T. light or not. I was wondering though what the difference was between H&M's ScreenCapture and T.N.T's ScreenCapture.

Would be nice if T.N.T would let you capture the image, then apply the effects, rather than before the image is captured. This would give T.N.T. a greater edge than H&M's ScreenCapture...

-shnar
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Sorry, there is no difference if you install TNT with Help & Manual or alone. Help & Manual includes the basic screen capture function only, TNT has additional functions like profiles, various image types, hotkey activation, screen colors and all that.

Applying the effects after the screen shot does not make much sense as you have Impict for that, the image editor which is included in Help & Manual. With Impict you can create exactly the same effects and change them as often as you want.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
shnar

Unread post by shnar »

Sure it does, why use two applications if one could suffice. After using the ScreenCapture in H&M, I think I'll still be using T.N.T. mainly due to the PrintScreen feature. I've noticed that I'll use my app, think I want a screencapture, hit PrintScreen and Ctrl+Click and boom, done. With H&M, while it's "integrated" feature is nice, without the PrintScreen computer wide hotkey, it's less easy to use.

The main reason I ask for after effect applications, a lot of times I'll forget what my previous screencapture settings were, and after I take a screenshot, I'll have the bottom torn when I just wanted a normal shot, etc. So, I have to throw that one away, readjust the settings, then take the screenshot again. Would be nice if I could unapply/reapply the effects rather than throwing away/reshooting.

I haven't done much with Impict, lemme play with that for a bit...

-shnar