Searching Topics on the H&M Forums

This section is for questions relating to using the forum. Announcements on updates and any issues with the forum software may also be posted here occasionally.

Moderator: Tim Green

nancyb

Unread post by nancyb »

When I search a topic and my results list several entries, I click on "back" to go to the next topic and I get an invalid screen. How do I get back to my search results to select the next topic? I have just joined the forum so I am still learning my way around.
nancyb
FinSer Corp
Dean Whitlock

Unread post by Dean Whitlock »

Hi Nancy,

I was having the same trouble with search lists and also with the list of new posts since last login. The solution is to open each topic in a new window by Shift-clicking on the link. (That command works in my browser - you might have to right-click and select to open in new window.) Then you simply close the new window to return to the search list.

Good hunting!
Dean
Martin Wynne

Re: Searching Topics on the H&M Forums

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

nancyb wrote:When I search a topic and my results list several entries, I click on "back" to go
to the next topic and I get an invalid screen. How do I get back to my search
results to select the next topic?
Hi,

Hold down the Shift key when you click on a topic to read it. It will then open
in a separate window. When you close that window you will still have the search
results in the original window. You can then Shift-click the next topic for reading.

Martin.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Searching Topics on the H&M Forums

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Nancy,

Welcome to the forum!
nancyb wrote:When I search a topic and my results list several entries, I click on "back" to go to the next topic and I get an invalid screen. How do I get back to my search results to select the next topic?
This is caused by the fact that the results page is dynamically generated when you search and doesn't really "exist" as a "page" that you can return to. There are a couple of simple solutions, see this thread for details:

http://helpman.it-authoring.com/viewtopic.php?t=3513
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
nancyb

Unread post by nancyb »

Thank you, that works great.
nancyb
FinSer Corp