Editing Hyperlink/conditional at line wrap: no caption

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Dean Whitlock

Editing Hyperlink/conditional at line wrap: no caption

Unread post by Dean Whitlock »

This is an odd one. It doesn't seem to affect output; only what you see while editing.

I have an hyperlink embedded in a conditional:

See [IF HTML]the corporate database documentation {line wrap}
[END]for details.

Note that there is a space between the end of the hyperlink caption and the END statement of the conditional. The line wrap comes between the space and the END statement.

When I double-click or right-click>Edit on the hyperlink to open the Edit Hyperlink dialog, the caption field is blank and the OK button is deactivated.

If I insert some text before the IF statement so that the line wrap occurs in the middle of the caption, everything works fine. I changed the type of hyperlink to try Topic, Internet, and File, but it didn't seem to matter.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dean,

Sorry, I can't reproduce this. I've tried it with both an automatic line wrap (made by adjusting the window size) and a hard line break in the indicated positions and link editing works fine in both cases. If you have an example that always produces this effect please mail it to support and I'll have a look at it.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Confirmed. This is an oddity of the editor and we'll fix it a.s.a.p.

The editor edits the selected object (the link) but takes the caption from the wrong text item - in this case from the blank after the link.