Style with font color 'Black' changes to white upon compile

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Byron S.

Style with font color 'Black' changes to white upon compile

Unread post by Byron S. »

I've spent hours trying to trouble shoot this. I hope I'm not being blind and overlooking the obvious.

The problem: I have defined a style "Heading 1" which is not based on any other style and has the color=black. Paragraphs with the Heading 1 style get changed to white when compiled to browser based help (and also HTML Help). I have another style named"Heading 1 No Space" which is based on style Heading 1, the only difference is that there is no leading above the paragraph. When the file is compiled, paragraphs with the style "Heading 1 No Space" compile correctly. The screen shot illustrates this.

I have attached the .hmx file.

Thanks to everyone who takes a look at this.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Byron,

The problem is very simple: You have two Heading 1 styles, one called "Heading 1" defined as black and one called "Heading1" defined as white. The white one is used in your topic headers because that is the default style for topic headers.

The problem is the space in the name of the black version. Since spaces are not allowed in CSS style class names the name gets converted to Heading1 when it is exported to HTML and as a result you are getting the white version.

To solve this you just need to change the name of your Heading 1 style to something unique. Both Heading 01 and Heading01 would work, for example... 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Byron S.

Unread post by Byron S. »

Ah-ha! I obviously didn't know that about CSS.

Thanks, Tim. Again!