Blending edges of screenshots

With the release of TNT v. 2.0 the EC Software screenshot program has become a serious application in its own right, so it was high time that it was given its own forum!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

dbartolini2000

Blending edges of screenshots

Unread post by dbartolini2000 »

I'm currently evaluating TNT to possibly use it to work with H&M4. One feature that is key for me is to be able to blend/bleed the edges of the capture to the background. I know that I can do this to a specified color, but can I blend the screenshot to a transparent background? With H&M, I have a different colors for a PDF page than I do for an HTML help page, and I would rather not have to have 2 images to match the two different background colors.

Thanks,
Dave B.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dave,

No, this function is not supported in either Impict or TNT, both of which really provide basic functions in this direction. What you are looking for is called "transparency matte" and it is quite an advanced function. It is supported in PhotoShop and a number of other advanced graphics editing programs.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.