Retain screenshot toggle dialog info while still in project

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Dean Whitlock

Retain screenshot toggle dialog info while still in project

Unread post by Dean Whitlock »

I toggle every screenshot to show a thumbnail with "Click for Larger Image" option. The only thing that I change from image to image is the tooltip for the collapsed version. I would love it if the information on the image toggle dialog was not forgotten when I saved and closed the dialog. That way, I would only have to enter the new tooltip when I create the next screenshot toggle. Could this be a customization option? I don't mind if the info is forgotten when I exit or even close the project. It would be great to have it remembered as long as I was in the same project.

Thanks,
Dean
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Dean,

What exactly do you want the dialog to remember? It already remembers the tooltip and caption settings, but not anything else. Some settings wouldn't make sense -- for example the ID must not be remembered because entering the same ID for two toggles on the same page would render both toggles unfunctional.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dean Whitlock

Unread post by Dean Whitlock »

Hi Tim,

In my case, the dialog does not remember anything from the previous screenshot toggle. Every time I capture or insert a new picture, right-click on it, and select picture > make picture a toggle, I get a virgin dialog with only the image file name filled in.

(Version 4.5.0, Build 1344)

What I would like saved is everything except the image file names: Export option check boxes and optional ID, spacing, thumbnail percentage, tooltips, and captions.

Thanks,
Dean
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dean,

OK, makes sense. I've added it to the programmers' official Wish List database. Can't promise anything in terms of ETA, however... :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.