drop down list in a combo box

This is the place for questions on using Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Iggy

drop down list in a combo box

Unread post by Iggy »

I tried adding a hotspot to my image that would poup an image. I wanted to simulate the dropdown list in a combo box. I can create the hotspot ok, but I can't position the image correctly. I also would like just the image and not have to have the image in a popup topic. Any ideas?
Dean Whitlock

Unread post by Dean Whitlock »

Hi Iggy,

I think you could get the entire picture to change by using an Image Toggle -- the second image showing the dropdown dropped; however, clicking anywhere on the image would fire the toggle. You could include a callout that pointed to the dropdown arrow, with text saying "Click here", but that's not really the effect you want I suspect.

Apart from that kludge, no other ideas. Hopefully someone more clever will chime in.

Good luck!
Dean
Martin Wynne

Re: drop down list in a combo box

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Iggy wrote:I wanted to simulate the dropdown list in a combo box. I can create the hotspot ok, but I can't position the image correctly.
Hi Iggy,

Why not use a real working combo box? Use Insert > Plain HTML code... and enter this:

Code: Select all

<select name="test_combo">
<option value="null">Sunday</option>
<option value="null">Monday</option>
<option value="null">Pancake day</option>
<option value="null">Wednesday</option>
</select>
regards,

Martin.