Leave application active

This section is for suggesting features and capabilities that you would like to see in Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ruud Overdijk

Leave application active

Unread post by Ruud Overdijk »

With HM4 I could create a screenshot of an application with an active title bar. With HM5 all other applications get inactive once I wan to make a screenshot, leaving their titlebars gray. That is very annoying because I do not want inactive titlebars in my manual. Can you please change this?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ruud,

I'm guessing that you mean Free Region mode here because you can always click on a window to activate it before making a screen capture in Window mode. I've asked the programmers to check the activation of the first application when the screenshot is made.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ruud Overdijk

Unread post by Ruud Overdijk »

Hi Tim,
Yes you are right, in region mode. Sorry I did not mention that.
T. Abeln

Unread post by T. Abeln »

HI Tim,

any news on this issue? The described behaviour still occurs in Build 790.

Some applications (even major products like SAP) don't show all buttons as long as they're inactive and this means you simply can't use free region mode to capture them :(
Regards,
Thorsten
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Thorsten,

This is on the Wish List. If you have TNT that activates the window below the current window for capture, and if you use Window or Menu mode you also won't have this problem -- it only occurs in Free Region mode.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
T. Abeln

Unread post by T. Abeln »

Hi Tim, thank you!!
Regards,
Thorsten