Chapter structure messed up on conversion from HM4 - HM5

Please post all new bug reports for Help & Manual 5 here.
MeganC

Chapter structure messed up on conversion from HM4 - HM5

Unread post by MeganC »

I have had a couple of projects that when I have converted them to HM5 the structure of the chapters has become mixed up. Both had two main chapters, each with a number of sub-headings. When I converted them, they ended up with all of the subheadings listed under the name of the second chapter, the first chapter heading disappears although all of its subheadings are still there. For example:

HM4
First chapter heading
aaa1
bbb1
ccc1
Second chapter heading
aaa2
bbb2
ccc2

HM5
Second chapter heading
aaa1
bbb1
ccc1
aaa2
bbb2
ccc2

(Each chapter in the project has identical subheadings under it, although the content of each is obviously different. The content is all preserved correctly, it is just the heading structure that changes.)

I have converted other projects that were built on the same template and they have converted fine, but they all had either one chapter or more than two chapters. So far the only ones that I've had trouble with are two projects that both had two chapters.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Megan,

Hmm... strange and new. Please pack the offending project in a zip and mail it to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) so that our programmers can check out what is going on here. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Megan,

The problem was in your HM4 project files, there was some invalid node information in the database for the chapter entries. If you run the Repair and Recover tool in HM4 on them before converting the problem will go away. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
MeganC

Unread post by MeganC »

Thanks Tim, that worked!