"Include in Builds" flag is missing from Split Pro

Please post all new bug reports for Help & Manual 5 here.
Malcolm Jacobson

"Include in Builds" flag is missing from Split Pro

Unread post by Malcolm Jacobson »

Hi Tim,

When I split the Topic Files from the Project Explorer tree using Explore > Split Explorer, the "Include in Builds" flag state is not remembered.

See attached image for an example.

Cheers,

Malcolm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Malcolm,

I can't reproduce this -- can you provide exact instructions for getting the effect you're describing?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Malcolm Jacobson

Hi Tim,

I am using two screens. The process to repro the bug is:

1. Open H&M 5 on right screen.
2. Select a topic from the TOC.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the TOC and select "Project Files > Topic Files > Topics".
4. Right-click on "Topics" and select "Explore > Split Explorer".
5. Drag the newly created "Topics" window out of the H&M main window onto the left screen.
6. Select a topic in the TOC of the main H&M window.
7. Right-click on this topic and note the"Include in Builds" flag.
8. Locate the same topic in the "Topics" window on the left screen.
9. Right-click on this Topic and you will see that the "Include in Builds" flag shows no setting.

Cheers,

Malcolm.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Malcolm,

Hmm... I've tried this on a dual monitor system and I still can't reproduce it. All include options are displayed correctly, no matter whether the window is docked or undocked and no matter which monitor it is in. This applies both for the display in the file list itself and in the right-click list. I also tested both with the last build (549) and the current release (574). I also tried in both hmxz and hmxp format...

Is there anything else about your configuration that is unusual? Network storage? The graphics card shouldn't have any effect on this but since it is only turning up when you're undocked in a second window what is the chip and card manufacturer? For example, I know that Nvidia drivers had a lot of problems on Vista, but those are supposed to have been cleaned up now. Also, if Vista are you using 32 or 64 bit Vista? I tested on 32-bit but I'll do another test on 64-bit in a while.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Update: Also zero problems in Vista 64... :roll:
Regards,

Private support:
Malcolm Jacobson

Hi Tim,

I've now had a chance to try and repro this on a couple of other systems and I think we can put it down to problems with the graphics card driver on my main system. It's an ATI card/driver that's pretty buggy (i.e. it crashes regularly) so I guess that's the cause of the problem.

Cheers,

Malcolm.