Capture Menu including its title?

With the release of TNT v. 2.0 the EC Software screenshot program has become a serious application in its own right, so it was high time that it was given its own forum!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tommi_

Capture Menu including its title?

Unread post by Tommi_ »

Dear colleagues,

I try to capture a menu and I learned I have to use the option "a Window or Menu" (the option "free region" does not allow to send mouse down events to the probing application).
But the resulting image shows only the menu items but not its window title.
Is there a simple way to add it?

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Thomas

V2.1.0 Build 383
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tommi,

There are two ways to do this:
  • You can sometimes use the Free Region mode if you minimize TNT to the taskbar and start the capture with a hotkey (set this up in the options in TNT). Whether you can do this with menus depends on the menu and the hotkey you choose.
  • Alternatively you may have to "assemble" the menus from multiple captures in a graphics program like Impict (included with Help & Manual). Personally I find that this is the easiest method and it also provides the cleanest results because all the components are captured precisely.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tommi_

Unread post by Tommi_ »

Dear Tim,

thank you for your fast response.
The hotkey-trick works fine for me.
Composing in a graphics program of multiple parts is a way I already know. You are correct the grabbing of the menuitems with option "window or menu" is easy and precisely. But grabbing the title with window-option seems not to work in most applications. It grabs the whole menubar or (this is in my current project) the whole mainframe. Therefore I have to crop the menutitle in a graphics program too.

So it seems easier for me to grab the correct things with free-region/hotkey-solution in one step.

Thank you and best regards
Thomas