Javascript error in Web Help searches

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

matbriggs

Javascript error in Web Help searches

Unread post by matbriggs »

Hello Mr Forum (aka Tim)

I'm having an issue with a javascript error message appearing when users attempt to access a topic from a search. It's exactly the same issue as the following thread:

http://helpman.it-authoring.com/viewtopic.php?t=6577

I've done what was suggested in the post, i.e. disabled Enable local testing for Internet Explorer, reset all the templates and compiled again with the Delete all files in output folder option selected. I still get the problem.

It only appears if I've got script debugging enabled and for IE8 to display notifications for every script error (obviously).

It falls over with a permission denied message on the following line:
}
if (autocollapse) {
if (currentselection) collapseunfocused(tree, currentselection.id);
else collapseunfocused(tree, "");
}

This was found by our Testing Team and I wonder how many users will have script debugging enabled in reality, but I wondered if you'd found a solution to this issue?

Thanks
Matt
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Matt,

UPDATE: I just noticed that you're probably using HM4, all the stuff about skins I wrote is then irrelevant, we need to have a look at your project file. Please pack the .hmx file in a zip and mail it to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I'll check it for you.